Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Update 1: Basic Player Implemented

Today has been quite a day! Before today, all I had was an image that moved across the screen with user input. Now I have an animated sprite that can move around with some basic collision detection. 

Here's what's next:

1. Gravity - Should be trivial, but at the moment the player moves in a straight line.
2. Jumping - A little trickier than basic movement along a straight line, but shouldn't take too much time.
3. Refined Collision Detection - The collision detection mechanism I have now is a little hacky. 
4. Enemies - The game is no fun without bad guys!

Alright, this should keep me busy for a while. I'll see if I can get a video of the current state of the game up sometime later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment